ProMedia 2.1 DIN plug problem

dbhinz

I have the ProMedia 2.1 computer speakers, the right speaker and sub work intermittently because the DIN plug in the back of the sub apparently has a loose connection. If you hold the DIN plug to the left (when looking over the top of the speaker) the right speaker and sub will start working. (Sometimes for a couple of seconds the right speaker and sub will start working by themselves.) The speakers are about 5 years old so they are out of warranty.

Is this something I can fix myself? What would I need to do? Put in a new DIN plug connector?

Since it is out of warranty would it be worth it to send the speakers to Klipsch to have the sub fixed? (Will they even fix speakers that are out of warranty?)

Does anyone know of a place in the Denver area that could fix this? It should be fairly simple.

Thanks,

david.

Klipsch 2.1 DIN replacement options

The 1st option which is the cheapest does require some good soldering skills, if you have (or know someone that does) good soldering skills then i cann sell you the plug you need and give you instructions on how to do it and that would only cost you $5.50 total.

the 2nd options is the easiest and fastest solution which is my DIY Repair cable, with this cable all you do is cut the plug off your current din cable and then you strip each of the wires inside the cable and then you twist them together with my cable green to green red to red yellow to yellow etc. and tape them all off as you go, and bam, done! that option costs $12.00 total,

the 3rd option is to send me your control pod and i will professionally replace the din plug for you and give a lifetime guarantee on the new plug and that option will cost you $17.00 total, each of these options are discounted from my usual Ebay price for savings to you and me. Plese let me know which way you would like to go and i can have a PayPal invoice sent to you or you can mail me a check or money order to make payment, please note that I do hold off on shipping items for checks to clear.

the 4th option would be to buy a brand new control pod from me and i will ship it out right away with Priority mail shipping, You pay $40 up front for the pod then you send me your old pod and I give you a rebate of $13 when I receive your old control pod. So your cost is only $27 and you get a brand new pod in a few days and cheaper than if you ordered it from Klipsch, not to mention you get it a week faster.

Thanks again.
Adam

I don't think the problem is with the cable. It seems like it is the connector inside of the subwoofer. Wiggling the cable doesn't make any difference. Only putting a little pressure on the entire plug so that it pulls the connector over does it make the sound work.

Maybe just resoldering the plug would help.

I wish companies would think a little about how far some of these plugs extend from the back. I've had similar problems with connectors / plugs on computers, speakers, etc. If they could use a right-angled plug or recess the plug it would help.

David.

• 1 year later...