Emotiva XPA-5 input question

madfusker

Problem is he doesn't have the amp yet. He was thinking about getting it and started to ask the question on how to hook it up. At the moment he just has the receiver with no pre-outs.

James

But, his Pioneer receiver does have pre-amp inputs so if he did get the UMC-1 the Pioneeer could serve as the amp for the time being.

i guess i mis read that, like usual, but i still stick by what i said. if you are going to get the xpa-5 might as well get the umc-1 and be set for life. i know that normally doesn't work out in HT but at least it's a great starting point. i really think it's a great benefit to get 40% future processors. heck, we keep out klipsch speakers for decades, maybe it's time to rethink how we buy our electronics. we all know they get outdated, but this way it doesn't hurt to buy the latest and greatest for a change. ask Fish, he'll tell you the $200 but his umc-1 is probably the best buy he's had in a while.

Great comments all... You guys got me all excited about UMC-1 just to find out I can't even pre-order one until May! [:o] XPA-5 is ready for order but does me zero good unless I have a processor. It certainly does look like a good setup and I like the OSD. I guess I will get by for now until they have them available. I suppose I would like to know what people really think about it too before sinking the cash. What little I can find sounds pretty good though!