Cornwall cabinet tuned frequency?????

The more I think of this build the more my head hurts. I've been sketching blueprints, figuring volumes and trying to make sense of how these things work. I found a link on the forums to calculate vent sizes. After plugging in the ports sizes from the Cornwall blueprints below, one with two and the other with three ports, I came up with two different frequencies. The ones with 3 slots are roughly tuned to 35.4 Hz, the two slot version works out to be about 33.2Hz.

Is this anywhere in the ball park, or am I wondering around aimlessly in left field again?

I had to scrap the k-1132/ k-63 version after checking out the crossovers from the speakers that these were utilized in, WAY OVER MY HEAD. So I am planning on using the k-400/k55 combo from the top of my Belle bass bins. I'm praying for good results,but not holding my breathe.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/storage/6/1268967/Cornwall_Plans.pdf

While I cannot address your question directly, see the link below and find the Volume 16 Noumber 2 issue of Dope From Hope entitled VENTED BOX BASS SPEAKERS AND HORN TREBLE SYSTEMS.

This DFH shows how PWK's "cut and try" work on the Cornwall in 1957 resulted in a vented cabinet within a few percentage points of the TS B-3 alignment which optimizes low distortion over frequency response. While the difference between a two port and three port Cornwall might be measureable, it probably isn't audible.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/storage/3/492626/Dope%20From%20Hope.pdf

Lee

The more I think of this build the more my head hurts. I've been sketching blueprints, figuring volumes and trying to make sense of how these things work. I found a link on the forums to calculate vent sizes. After plugging in the ports sizes from the Cornwall blueprints below, one with two and the other with three ports, I came up with two different frequencies. The ones with 3 slots are roughly tuned to 35.4 Hz, the two slot version works out to be about 33.2Hz.

Is this anywhere in the ball park, or am I wondering around aimlessly in left field again?

I had to scrap the k-1132/ k-63 version after checking out the crossovers from the speakers that these were utilized in, WAY OVER MY HEAD. So I am planning on using the k-400/k55 combo from the top of my Belle bass bins. I'm praying for good results,but not holding my breathe.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/storage/6/1268967/Cornwall_Plans.pdf

The variations in the woofer Fs from system to system will swamp out this difference. Not sure why the number of slots changed. I would think the 3 slot would be a little stiffer baffle than the 2 but again this may be a miniscule difference.