S2M early production run issue?

Tony Lau

Hello everyone,

This is my first time here. I am thinking about getting a pair of S2M as my first in-ear phones for the iPod Touch that I am going to purchase soon, due to general consensus that they are very comfortable and block noise very well, not to mention sounding very good also.

I read a comment on Amazon.com about them sometimes not working with the iPhone, and a response from "Johnny
Williams, Klipsch Group Inc." indicating early production unit issues and that the issue is fixed with new units (which are available at Amazon.com):

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1CP1NY6AM59J/ref=cm_aya_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B002FB7IW

As a potential purchaser of the S2M, is there a way for me to tell by looking at the packaging or the phones whether the phones are the new version? I plan to buy it locally in Vancouver Canada. Although I am sure Klipsch will gladly exchange the phones if I end up with an earlier production unit I would like to avoid the hassle if possible.

Thanks,

Tony

Welcome to the forum, Tony!

The S4i gets great reviews and is intended for use with the iPod. London Drugs has them on sale until April 25th.

Getting what you really want the first time costs less than getting a "starter" item and then trading up later. Just a suggestion.

Hello again,

If there is no way to tell (so far there has not been a response to my original question), then perhaps I should purchase through Amazon.com, which according to Johnny Williams, has the inventory replaced with the new version. However, looking at the current S2M listing on Amazon.com, it is actually sold by ShopCell. The price is definitely good but I am a bit worried:

1) When Johnny indicated the inventory of Amazon.com was refreshed, did he mean ShopCell? There is currently only one S2M listing on Amazon and the seller is ShopCell.

1) is ShopCell an authorized dealer of Klipsch? I've read a post on Amazon regarding Klipsch's refusal to honour the 2 year warranty because the phone was purchased from a partner of Amazon that Klipsch does not consider an authorized dealer.

Thanks again.