SW-450 vs SUB-12???

jwatson364

im in love with my friends sub-12, its the best sub i ever heard!!!!

its no longer offered at bestbuy anymore, but has been replaced by the sw-450 but its not 12" but rather a measly 10"....

since the sw-450 is newer by four years im going to assume it has better technology therefore the two extra inches arent needed???

anyone know which of these is better for tv/music/dvd?

thanks!!

I haven't heard the SW-450 but the SUB-12 was one of Klipsch's better attempts at a good bang for your buck sub. Unless the 10" sub has a lot more x-max and a whole lot bigger amp, it'll have a hard time keeping up with the 12. Not saying it doesn't, just making a general statement.

• 2 weeks later...

I've listened to both the 450 and the Sub 12. The sub 12 is undoubtedly a phenomenal sub. I've tried the 450 at best buy and i was quite impressed by it. It really delivered. However, it does not go as low as the 12 does and can't shake the foundation like the mighty 12 can. I was actually going to get the 450, but was a little hesitant with the price. So I just got it's predecessor (the sub 10) as they're very similar and there's no significant difference. Of course being a newer sub, the 450 did have a slight oomph over the sub 10. But like I said, nothing significant. So my suggestion to you, is get the sub 12! It's def better for movies as it goes lower and plays those LFE found on dvd's and bluray's that'll shake your room effectively. I'd say the Sub 10 and 450 are more musical subs....they're still great for movies, don't get me wrong, but fall kinda short when compared to the sub 12.