NOVICE NEEDS ADVICE ON RF-62

FMI

I am a novice; but appreciate excellent sounding systems. I have been trying to put together a system a little at a time. I have bought each piece individually. My set up is as follows:

receiver- Onkyo 606

center- Klipsch VC-25

sub- Klipsch Sub-10

surrounds- Klipsch B-2

I have an opportunity to purchase two Klipsch RF-62 for my front speakers. The guy is asking $700.00 for the pair. Is this a good price, and will it complement my system? Please advise!

Welcome to the forum...

The guy is asking $700.00 for the pair. Is this a good price,

It all depends on the condition of the speakers and if you have any authorized Klipsch dealers near. The RF-62 have a msrp of $878, so a difference of $178 might not be good at all.

and will it complement my system?

No, you want to have the front three speakers to match. With the RF-62 as fronts you will have Reference mains and an Icon center. You should look for the matching Icon fronts either the VF-36 or the VF-35 to have a perfect timber match.

James

I second the post above, timbre match is important, i would listen to the different series of speaskers and see which ones you like better. From there you can decide whether or not to hock your current equipment and change things up a bit. The price they are asking for the rf-62's seems a bit hight oi me considering their MSRP. You can never really tell how much a speaker has been used and abused unless they can show proof of day of purchase. Personally, as soon as something is used by someone else, its value drops considerably for me as i would rather put the extra cash up and buy a brand item. I would say 500-600 would be a better range to purchase used if you liked the sound of the 62's. You can always sell your center and try to get a hole of an RC-62. Your center is the mostr important components of your home theater system.

I have a few more questions if you don't mind helping:

1. would I be that more impressed with the RC-62 over the VC-25?

2. is there that more noticable difference with the VF-35 / VF-36 verses the RF-62?

3. is my receiver (Onkyo TX-SR-606) able to provide enough power if I decided to step up to the center channel speaker to a RC-62, and purchase the two RF-62's, along with the Klipsch Sub-10, and my two surrounds Klipsch B-2 I already own?

4. I don't mind spending a little more cash if it really provide that "WOW" factor. I don't want overkill; just a proper system.

Unfortunately the information I was given was from the sales reps at Circut City (before the closed) and the sales reps at Best Buy. I wish I would have found this forum awhile ago! It would have saved me alot of frustration and time! Any imput is greatly appreciated!