Forte upgrades

lyeerluna

Klipsch forte (I) were made in that era that a lot of individuals liked to critique the things that were irrelevant.

1) 100 watt handling - that seems arbitary, because my forte 1's could handle most amps with no issue

2) Treble: some early Klipsch were listed to roll off between 17.5-19Khz

3) The forte's were listed flat to 32hz.

In the right room, I found my forte (I) to be true full range speakers. Paired with the right gear there was not an issue with glare, horn shout or roll off. I felt that it was one of the few affordable speakers in the 1980's that didn't need a sub. The problem is back then, the poor quality of midfi electronics. Old timers used vinyl and tubes, and Klipsch were bliss. Younger folk used the Kenwood receiver and cheapo cd player of the day and complained of shout and harshness. In the vernacular of the layman, garbage in=garbage out. Klipsch got underrated and scorned from this bad experiment.

Paired with something like the VMPS larger sub cossed at 30hz, it will help with program material that has low bass content, but it's not playing if there is nothing down there. Match made in Telarc heaven.

I am running mine a rotel as a pre and a kenwood basic 2a power amp, I think everything sounds great. I had it cranked up the other day loud she was blaring, and everything sounded great. I don't feel any need for a sub with these in the room they are in. The only complaint I have is that they do not have a walnut finish.

I did just order new caps so I figure this will be all that is needed for now until the tweets go then maybe some titanium ones. But all in all I am very impressed.

duder

The only complaint I have is that they do not have a walnut finish.

I did just order new caps so I figure this will be all that is needed for now until the tweets go then maybe some titanium ones. But all in all I am very impressed.

duder

The caps and tweets make a *H U G E* difference. Just the caps alone were night and day...

Have you considered veneering the speakers? You can have any exotic finish you can think of.