X5 vs. X10's

YMA8888

I am currently using a pair of monster TURBINES and am pretty happy. They got great reviews so I picked up a pair. Only complaint is that they're a little heavy. My girlfriend uses them so much lately I think I'm just gonna give em to her and see if KLIPSCH is any better. The TURBINES are the best earbuds I've heard so far and have sampled others like all SHURE products. My TURBINES sound nicer still than every SHURE earbud including the $500 pair. So am curious if you guys could help me out and point me in right direction. KLIPSCH X5's or X10's??? Thanks, Joe

So are you saying the X5's sound better that the X10's? I've heard from a few people that the bass is better in the X10's also

Yes to me at least. The bass is supposed to be better in the X10's but I've not found the bass in the X5's lacking during my brief audtiionns.

There are many posts on how the different models sound. You won't be able to see them until you change your options for Headphones to show all posts as it defaults to the most recent 2 months. Searching the Headphones sections should also find some of those posts.

I believe Professor Thump, bass lover that he is, said he actually prefers the overall sound of the X5 over the X10 and I think described it as more forward sounding. To me I think the mids and / or higs are clearer.

YMMV as we all hear differently.

I'm just afraid if I buy the X5's they won't be any better than my moster turbines. Something is telling me only the X10's will do it. Read a few things from Thump and also some from Amy on them. Amy actually mentioned she liked X10's better. So I'm undecided. Might just say screw it and save a few bucks and snag the X5's and be done. Any sites you know that sell X5 or 10's for a better price? Ultimateelectronics.com had the X10's for $129 but they've been sold out for a very VERY long time[:'(]

I'm just afraid if I buy the X5's they won't be any better than my moster turbines.

While I've not heard any of the Monster 'phones that would surprise me. Monster makes cables. Klipsch makes some of the best darn speakers on the planet and now 'phones - the sound of Klipsch that fits in your ears.

Something is telling me only the X10's will do it

Then get the X10. The X10 are crazily tiny so will be the absolute most comfortable. The sound is VERY different between the X5 and the X10 and not in the bass. The X10 is supposed to have better / deeper bass but I've not found the X5 lacking in base during my brief auditions. But I and others prefer the sound of the X5. The X10 sound I think has been described as darker and the X5 as more forward.

Amy actually mentioned she liked X10's better.

My daughter likes the X10 better as well - in her case she uses the mythical extra small ear tips no longer available and never officially available and the X5s are too big around for her tiny ear canals. Amy also used to use the extra small gels. She may prefer the sound. Just depends on your preferences. I would describe the X5 as a more pronounced mid range. Both the X5 and X10 are awesome.

Any sites you know that sell X5 or 10's for a better price?

No. But Amy or other occasionally posts sales that she's aware of.

Ultimateelectronics.com had the X10's for $129 but they've been sold out for a very VERY long time[:'(]

That's a phenomenal price. Just be sure you buy from an authorized dealer or reseller so the warranty will be valid. (No idea about Ultimateelectronics)

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Ok well now I'm going crazy and still undecided. Gonna do some more research. It sure would be nice if more stores that carried Klipsch speakers also carried Klipsch haedphones. I'm gonna do a local search within a 100 miles and see if I can find a place where I can go listen to them both. The hunt is on![*-)]

• 3 weeks later...