HT size??

IndyKlipschFan

we built our house and did this. bascially, make sure to run speaker wire at at least 14-12 guage, and nice speaker wire for a 5 (5.1) speaker, 6 speaker (6.1) and up to i would say 7 (7.1) speaker (plus sub) setup, that way you will be great for any setup and won't have wires strewn about. we did this, and my nighbor did the same.

decide where you want your speakers to be now. then tell the contractors to put wood braces there so you can screw a wall mount (if you wall mount) onto solid wood, instead of a molly bolt, or having to search for a stud.

if you are starting from scratch, there are lots of ideas that i have that i have incorporated into my neighbors setup. like a raised part of the ceiling that has a very nice looking lighting setup... i could go on and on about the ideas, but a budget is what you would need first off. what kind of setup, 5.1 6.1 or 7.1, might as well set it up for all of the setups, you know, just in case Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Indy

I designed a new home theater in the dream house I am building right now. My room size is 22 wide by 34 deep. It was designed to be a listening room and home theater.

When you decide where your speakers are located like Justin indicated I ran 1 plastic conduit to each location. So I could change my wire in the future.

I tried to upload a spread sheet that calculates peaks and nulls of a room design to this forum but the site does not accept xls file uploads.

If you like I could email it to you directly.

JM

j-malotky, I would truly appreciate it if you could send a copy of your xls room calculator to me at eddennis@msn.com at your convenience. I am looking at new places to live and would like to chart to variables. Thanks. -HornEd

------------------

Pic6.jpg

This message has been edited by HornEd on 03-25-2002 at 10:15 AM

quote:

Originally posted by j-malotky:

I tried to upload a spread sheet that calculates peaks and nulls of a room design to this forum but the site does not accept xls file uploads.

If you like I could email it to you directly.

JM

if you email me the xls file i can host it for you.

klipschter@yahoo.com

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

check out this Smile.gif added the Excel info. thanks j-malotky

http://www.lotsui.net/soundwise/id91.htm

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support