Klipsch wf 35 and Polk cs 10 - will these go well?

kuchbhishri

Hi,

I have wf 35 icon series as my side speakers

I am now looking for a center channel.

After comparing a few center channels, now

I have to choose between wc 24 or Polk cs 10.

Frankly, I am inclined towards cs10 as they are priced better and

have bigger woofers.

But I am not sure if is better to have

everything in klipsch? Or this Polk center channel will perform equally

good with my klipsch sides?

Please advice.

One other note currently Am using onkyo 31/8" speakers

as my surround speakers. Do you think this will carry it off or

should I start looking for a replacement for these too?

However, I need to wait at least a year more before I get my

wife's approval :)

WC 24 . This way you will have a seamless sound stage in front.

You are right. But I am little bit taken aback by the fact that WC-24 has only 4.5" woofers as compared to the 5.25" woofers in the side speakers and 5.25" woofers in the Polk CS-10. I am thinking that the difference will be very evident if we are watching a movie or a movie sound track? Currently my center channel is a onkyo SW750 with 2 31/8" woofers and I can feel the lacking in power. Also, there is price to consider - do you think the seemlessness will be so much identifiable that it is better that I spent $200 more and get WC-24?

I have the Wf-35s and the Wc-24 and trust me there grate, i had the amp on -18 db yesterday and the house was shaking, the dog was confused and frightened and i needed a new pair of pants. Yes, the drivers are a bit smaller but the sound is grate. i don't know if any are left but best buy has them on clearance for very very cheep, i got it for around $150 and i'v talked to people that have gotten it for $100, in any case good luck and i hope you enjoy what every you decide to purchase.

Hi, I have wf 35 icon series as my side speakers I am now looking for a center channel. After comparing a few center channels, now I have to choose between wc 24 or Polk cs 10. Frankly, I am inclined towards cs10 as they are priced better and have bigger woofers. But I am not sure if is better to have everything in klipsch? Or this Polk center channel will perform equally good with my klipsch sides? Please advice. One other note currently Am using onkyo 31/8" speakers as my surround speakers. Do you think this will carry it off or should I start looking for a replacement for these too? However, I need to wait at least a year more before I get my wife's approval :)

Keep the front speakers matching. I run Polk Monitor 70's as side/surrounds and really like them - BUT they are no match for a seamless matching Klipsch front sound stage. Match the correct Klipsch center (wc-24?) with your wf-35's. For side/surrounds, these are much less critical. Get what you can afford and upgrade when you can. As I said, I really like my Monitor's as side/surrounds. Pairing up to my Legend KLF's it is a grand sound in the room it plays.

After listening to you all. I drove to a BestBuy that is 11/2 from my place. Got myself the WC-24 hooked it up and it looks/sounds great.

I however, still have these issues. My center sits below my TV. Is there a way that I can make it point up? Is it even needed to make it sound better?

While listening to music there is a lot of 'shrill' voice (may be due to high frequency?) treble?

Is this common in Klipsch - may be not as I am not able to enjoy certain songs at high decibels, I am forced to turn down the DB to -6db or -7db before it sounds smooth.

Is there a setting on the Receiver to make it more softer?

Also, how high and low can Wf-35's and 24 can go db wise? My receiver seems to go from -12db to +12db. It does not make me feel better when Jon said that he ran his Speakers at 18db :(

Any suggestions to make my new set of speakers sound optimal are highly encouraged!

Please let me know if this has to be a new post?

Thanks!

i ran it at negative 18, but i have a rather small living room, as for the sound quality, your speakers need about 100 hours of play time to brake them in, just because they might have been open box doesn't mean there ready to go and broken in. as for angling, i use small rubber nubs under the speaker to angle it towards your listening spot. i also have a different receiver so that might make a difference here. i have a Pioneer elite, i'm not to familiar with your receiver so i can't seek for it but did you make sure to balance the speakers?

did you make sure to balance the speakers?

By balancing do you mean adjusting the spikes? or calculating the sweet spot and optimum speaker settings? I did not get the spikes with the speakers. So, I am ordering from Klipsch. I used Audyssey 2EQ to get the settings to suite my room. I am using my speakers a lot but it ofcourse has not yet reached 100hrs. I like the sound I get while watching movies but when it comes to music I am not yet very excited.

when i say balance i ment using the little microphone that came with your receiver, and have it do its thing, as for the nubs i just went to radio shack and got little sticky nubs. i agree as i only got my system about a month ago movies sound grate, but i must say as time has gone by the music has sounded warmer and more smooth.

when i say balance i ment using the little microphone that came with your receiver, and have it do its thing

Yeah I did it using Audyssey 2EQ. This is the one that comes with Onkyo Receiver and does a pretty good job. As you said I think i will have wait for a few more months before the music starts sounding like magic!

I will soon post some pics of my set up. Did you already post urs?

After listening to you all. I drove to a BestBuy that is 11/2 from my place. Got myself the WC-24 hooked it up and it looks/sounds great. I however, still have these issues. My center sits below my TV. Is there a way that I can make it point up? Is it even needed to make it sound better? While listening to music there is a lot of 'shrill' voice (may be due to high frequency?) treble? Is this common in Klipsch - may be not as I am not able to enjoy certain songs at high decibels, I am forced to turn down the DB to -6db or -7db before it sounds smooth. Is there a setting on the Receiver to make it more softer? Also, how high and low can Wf-35's and 24 can go db wise? My receiver seems to go from -12db to +12db. It does not make me feel better when Jon said that he ran his Speakers at 18db :( Any suggestions to make my new set of speakers sound optimal are highly encouraged! Please let me know if this has to be a new post? Thanks!

http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/wf-35-overview/

Does your receiver have adjustments for treble and bass? If so, then zero these out - meaning adjust these so they are not plus or minus (typically in the middle of the adjustment range). Play a favorite song and adjust these settings to your particular liking. Please know that high notes like female vocals, piano, lead guitar, etc can seem particularly clean from Klipsch speakers due to the use of horns in their engineering and design. If you are accustomed to other brands of speakers, then the higher notes most likely were never heard before - at least not to the clean clarity you are hearing them now.

In movie tracts, doorbell chimes are especially clear via Klipsch horns - to the point the dog will actually start barking and go to the door.

I realized something else. The speaker wires that I am using are probably not 16 guage. I am using the ones that came with my onkyo 7.1.

That could be one reason for distortion.

Can I keep using them until I buy 16 guage ones later today? or it is not recommended and I should disconnect them immediately? Please let me know immediately.

keeping strain off your receiver is essential, you don't want to try to squeeze high wattage through thin wire, i myself use 12 gauge, over kill?, maybe but its not that much more expensive and it ensures a nice flow of electricity. i'm running 110w per channel. o also keep in mind that the ws-24 has a 90 watt peek.