1/4" panhead screws and anchor kit mounting for RS-52?

PeterGwee77

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums Peter. I used a standard 4" long, 1/4" 20 threaded bolt to secure mine to my custom bracket. Photos here

You are going to love them. They work very well for HT. What other speakers do you have with them? Be sure to post pics when you get everything setup in the Let's See YOUR Home Theater thread. We love seeing other people's setups.

Hi Youthman, I would to like to use the existing bracket keyhole on the RS-52 itself to hang on the mounting created by drilling 2 holes (2 rear speakers) and using anchor kits and 1/4" panhead screws to create the "hanger". What I am actually asking is can a 1/4" panhead screw fit into the provided bracket keyhole on the RS-52? Sorry for any confusion....[:$]

Regards,
Peter Gwee

• Moderators

I'm not much of a handiman so pardon my ignorance. I understand what you are wanting to do now. Not sure if the head is too wide for the mounting bracket or not. I removed the bracket from one of my speakers so if you want, I can measure the width of the slot.

• Moderators

Sorry, I was mistaken. I forgot I was able to mount them with the keyhole bracket in place. I pulled them off the wall and measured it. The big hole is 7/16" and the small groove is 1/4". I did not have a metric to get more precise.