Setup Help for Klipsch F3 and C2 to my Onkyo TX-SR607

Hi everyone I just bought a Onkyo TX-SR607 receiver and some Klipsch F3 and C2 speakers based on the recommendations from this forum. I have been frustrated for two days now as I cannot seem to get my receiver to recognize my TV thus am unable to send sound to my speakers. I connected my TV and receiver via an HDMI cable.

I have ran through all the HDMI input options on my receiver and nothing plays out of the speakers. I have an HD Dish Network Receiver should I be connecting my AV receiver through that with an HDMI cable going from the Dish Network receiver to my AV receiver and a second HDMI cable going from my AV receiver to my TV?

Now I know the speakers are hooked up correctly because I was able to test it with my ipod.

I am kind of at a lose now at what to do, I am tempted to hire someone to figure it out for me but I feel it should be an easy fix that I am just missing something. Any advice would appreciated.

In the Onkyo's menu there should be an option that says "HDMI Audio" and will give you the option of In or Out. You want to choose In otherwise it will pass the audio signal through the HDMI cord to your TV instead of your receiver.

The other thing to check is to make sure your Dish Network box is set to send audio through HDMI. It might give you the option to select from Bitstream or PCM. Try chainging between the two to see if that helps.