Cornwall History

Here's a .pdf of a work in progress Excel File that's helping me learn more about Heritage Line History. This one is for the Cornwall, but I'm also creating same for Khorn, LaScala and Heresy. I've gleaned the data from existing Heritage Reference Data (V.2 - 9May2008) as well as various posts from this Forum and the internet.

I started out to Document Pictures of the components over time as well as more info about each of them as various Forum posters have voiced this need.

I would really apprecate if members would Post Pictures of the components that I have none for. I've gleaned the web and everywhere and this is it - down to someone actually taking a Pic of their unit, I guess.

This exercise has caused me to formulate some strong opinions and raised some questions.

For example, I speculate now that the transition from original CWI K55V Atlas to K52K CWII had a lot to do with keeping the price down over the 30 year life period of inflation as opposed to improving sound. Dropping the original Push-Pin Terminals on 1959 K55V and going to solder terms on the 1980 model, then going from a 2 piece, metal, phase plug to finally a 1 piece plastic unit while shifting thru vendors, and finally making their own units, are ways that I think Klipsch achieved cost containment over the years to keep the final product price competitive in the market. This says to me to replace my 1979 CWI K55Vs if I ever need to, with same units somehow, before substituting a later model.

Woofer sourcing had to be based on price - best deal at the time, although I sense there is something technically significant with the transition from Alnico to Ceramic Ferrite Magnets. I'm still confused about when the 1st Ceramics appeared and were they 1st square, and why, when they all ended up round. I now want Stephens or Jensens in place of my K33Es if I ever have to change.

And regarding Tweeters - I'll buy Crites 125s when I have to.

Finally, I really appreciate my 1979 CWIs over my CWIIs.

Please help wih the Pics!

Heritage Cornwall History.pdf