RF3's VS. RF62's What do you guys think

davebfpd

Stick with present setup..................62's in Front. Ain't broke, don't fix it..............

That is very sound advice. I guess i just dont know what to do. I am looking for more presance in the front i guess for lack of a better term. I am just not sure how to get there. I have also been looking at a SW 15 guy wants 400 for it i am not sure if it is worth that? thanks again Bill.

To achieve more Presense, you would want to upgrade to the RF 83 series. (getting the RF 3 is going backwards). It is an expensive hobby........for sure..............upgradeites.............[:D] Getting a bigger Sub, I don't think will really satisfy your needs........

To my ears, the Older RF 3's hurt me and I could not listen for long periods. Where as the Newer RF series is much smoother and to me gives more punch..................

If dynamics are lacking up front, use the RF-3's up front, sell your RC-62 and find yourself an RC-7. You can put your RF-62's in the rears if you have the room. There are LOTS of choices, but I've actually heard the RF-3's with the RC-7 and it suprised the heck out of me. I think you'd be happy with it[Y]

To achieve more Presense, you would want to upgrade to the RF 83 series. (getting the RF 3 is going backwards). It is an expensive hobby........for sure..............upgradeites.............Big Smile Getting a bigger Sub, I don't think will really satisfy your needs........

To my ears, the Older RF 3's hurt me and I could not listen for long periods. Where as the Newer RF series is much smoother and to me gives more punch..................

TONS of good advice. I think i need to go listen to all the speakers i have in mind. I have also thought of going the RF7's up front and getting the matching RC7 center, but i have not heard these speakers. Maybe i should just listen to Bill if it aint broke dont fix it [:P]

RF-62s - awesome, don't touch them. The only reason to move them anywhere is if you get RF82/83s or RF7s. Otherwise - just use them as is.

RF-7s have a lot more punch, the bass is so good, i don't even want a subwoofer. Music sounds great and movies are like in a theater with them. I've used RF-62s for my mains and now will be selling them since they've been in garage ever since I've upgraded to 7s. To say even more - a pair of RF-7s and a good center (like RC-7 or RC-64) and you've got a killer sounding system without the whole 5.1 or 7.1 mess.