bi amping with an external AMP

dad311

I currently have my front mains bi-amp with an Interga reciever. This week I bought an Emotiva XPA-5 and need some advice on speaker configuration.

Should I run all 5 of my speakers off the new AMP or is it better (or even possible) to keep my front mains bi-amped and my srounds hooked to the reciever?

If it is possible to keep my front mains bi-amped, how would I do this with an external reciever. Im guessing I would need some type of "Y" cable for the pre-outs, but I really have no idea.

Thanks for any help.

Like everything the sound is really left up to the person, does it sound better bi-amped or not.

I believe that you are bi-wiring in the current setup. I will look for the comments from Klipsch about bi-wiring and bi-amping and post them for you.

James

Yes, I am bi-amping. I have a 7.1 reciever that allows the fronts to be bi-amped if im only using 5.1.

Cool....

Dont know if I really buy into the whole bi-wiring thing. Sounds like spliting hairs to me.

Good to know that you read thru the above post on each....

James