Placement of rf-3's?

dschrier

I have a pair of klipsch rf-3's and have heard that they are very sensitive to room placement. I have read many reviews stating that the bass from the speakers is great and also some that say it is lacking. I find that the bass is lacking a little for a pair of speakers having 2 8" woofers, but I am not expecting them to put out as much bass as a pair of mains with 12" woofers however. The bass doesn't seem to be that punchy at all, but it is noticeable. I currently have them bi-wiried about 5' from each wall and right up against the wall. I am also not using the stands that came with them. I have a harman kardon avr 500 receiver so power is ample. Any suggestions?

I have the same speakers hooked to a Denon reciever and had the same problem. I found they were sensitive to room placement. I imagine since everyones setup is different you will get mixed opinions. When I first set mine up I put them in the corners of the room and got excellant bass from them. Unfortunitly, I couldn't leave them there (door in the corner). I had to move them in from the corners, when I moved them there was a huge difference in base. I have a sub hooked up and used it to round out the bottom end. If you can't get them into corners I recommend you get a sub and start playing to find the best spot for it. Good luck.

This message has been edited by Youbotwhat! on 03-29-2002 at 09:05 PM