Anyone seen the film "High Fidelity"?

maxg

It stars John Cuzzack. As a film it is mildly pleasant and enjoyable but there was one scene with him in his living room sorting his albums. I have no idea how many he had there, guess 10,000.

That is my target!

Right now I just picked up another 20 which makes 90 altogether. 9910 to go - LOL.

The good news for me is that we just found a friend of a friend that owns a record shop in central Athens. Apparently he lives for this stuff (his own collection is 25,000 records) and he is bringing in 6,000 brand new records in about 2 weeks time.

He has also promised us one copy each (there are 3 of us collecting right now) of every Floyd album there is!!

Not a bad haul all in all.

Oh look - there is a record player in my signature. Finally something my father will recognise!!

------------------

2 * Heresy 2 (mains)

2 * Homemade horn speakers (rears)

1 * REL Strata 3 sub

Accuphase E211 amp.

Tube monoblocks with separate pre-amp (DECWARE ZTPRE with separate beefed up PSU)

Pro-ject 4 turntable with Pro-ject 9 arm and Pro-ject 6 head,

Marantz CD6000 player

Sony NS900 SACD/DVD player

Stax Headphones (on loan to a friend)

Humax 5400 digital satellite receiver

Sharp Video

32" Sony flat screen 16:9 TV

Mogami interconnects

Silver Synergistic speaker cable

Great movie...laughed all the way through it. Yes, Mdeneen Jack Black is absolutely hilarious. How do you store your C.D.'s or records? Alphabetical, numerical, autobiographical, style, color coded, what? I switch my collection all the time...that's part of the fun.

We rented the movie on vhs. (Three kids; 3, 6 & 9 -- ..."don't get around much anymore"...) I thought all the little audio-looney tidbits were spot-on and hilarious. The language, as is usually the case in films these days, was needlesly vulgar. I do like that John Cusack, though; very talented.

------------------

JDM

I have mine ordered alphabetically, split into categories (Rock, Jazz, Christmas, Sound Tracks, and Willie Nelson because I have so dang many of his (I had about 30 lps handed down to me from my father).

Inline with the High Fidelity Theme....

So what seems to be everyones top 10 favorite vinyls in their collection? (Not ones you want to own, ones you do own)

Its tough narrowing it down to 10 isn't it? Smile.gif

I would say for me (In no order of preference);

Ella & Louis (Original on Verve)

Janis Joplin - Perl

Credence Gold (CCR)

Slayer - Devine Intervention

Metallica - Master of Puppets

Indigo Girls - Swamp Ophelia (Autographed)

Jimi Hendrix - Axis Bold as Love

Willie Nelson - Stardust

Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour

Nat King Cole - Christmas Song

------------------

Barista T. Bill

My Rig