Recommended sources for SACD recordings?

Radmanna

Hello.

First question: Any recommendations (websites for example) on where to buy SACD recordings?

Also: From what I've observed, there appears to be about thirty times more hybrid SACD recordings than there are single layer recordings. This will apparently make finding single layer SACD recordings pretty difficult.

Second question: I have a Marantz SA-8001 SACD player. For this player, and with Heresy III speakers, how much difference in sound quality is there, between single layer SACD recordings and hybrid SACD recordings?

Steve

Hey Steve,

I get a lot of my music at Amazon. When you're searching for an artist/album, just type SACD after the album name and if it is on SACD it will come up in the search. Or type SACD into the search bar in the music category and all the SACDs will come up.

Also ELUSIVE DISC---------->CLICK HERE

and

Acoustic Sounds --------------> CLICK HERE

Oh, what the heck, here are the SACDs at Amazon ---------> CLICK HERE

As far as sound quality, it is like everything else. You take your chances. Some are spectacular and some are not. Each recording and mastering can vary. Here is a link to a thread (at a different forum) with recommended SACDs ------------> CLICK HERE

I hope this helps,

Dennie

Agree with Dennie's recommendations.

I have not heard a difference with dedicated SACD versus hybrid, are you concerned about a data rate or disc storage capacity issue?

With the Hybrid discs, you can rip the standard CD layer for media player use, etc. Assuem these discs will also play in a car player, have not tried that.

Does you player also do DVD-Audio discs? Some of those can be found with a separate standard CD disc included. Some of Mark Knopfler's albums take that route, at least Sailing to Philadelphia does.

One of my favority SACDs is Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon, everytime I have a chance that is a killer demo.

As noted, some discs/albums will be better than others, my experience has been more positive than negative.