Re: Small tractrixs for a k55

merkin

I'm looking to build a couple of surounds with the left over parts of my belles. I would like a mid horn that is a little narrow than gothover's fastrack's which would work with the K55. I'm looking to build a cornscala type but narrower and taller. I have seen the tall cornscalla thread. I would like a horn less than 15" wide and about 9 to 10 inches deep. I'd like to end up with something that looks like a tall thin belle style which would match my 3 front belles. I have the woofers, the k55's and some tweeters. I may use Bob crites tweeters for upgrade. I would also need crossovers, my old belles only had the old ab's. These will be my winter projects. They need to sound beter than my forte 2's that are doing my surround duty. Well maybe not be better but be able to go flat against the wall and sound as good.

I thought you would chime in here, so I held off. :-P

To merkin -- you can do the calcs, build the jigs, and make your own horns, and you might do 5% better than his horn for your application. Meanwhile, you could have bought his horn six times with the time and effort you spent. Once a Tractrix horn has achieved a 180 degree flare it's done, so just buy his, lop the ends off it to fit, and call it a day. I've heard his horns, and you won't be sorry.