Speaker Cable Question

jaguil

Hello everyone I,m a new guy on block. And I have a question on speaker cable which I'm sure has been asked before. But her it goes again. I currently have Kimber Kable 4PR (singled-wired) from my Receiver to my Mains. I also replaced the Gold plated strap with 4PR for the heck of it. I'm looking to possibly upgrade to 'Chord` Odyssey, My question is can I use the Kimber Kable (all copper conductor #14) for the low feq. run and use the Chord Odyssey which consists of (19 strands 12awg silver plated ofc) for the high freq. run and Bi-wire my speakers without messing up my Receiver or Speakers. Can you mix speaker cable. Thanks in advance.

My System

Denon: 2801 Receiver

Denon: DCM370 CD Changer

AudioControl Ten Series Stereo Equalizer

Sony DVP-S360 DVD Player

RF-3 Mains

RC-3 Center

SB-1 Rears

KSW-12 Sub

Van Den Hul D102 mkIII Interconnect

Graham Slee Cable 1 Interconnect

If you can fit that much cable around the terminals on the receiveer then go for it. As for the sound it's hard to say what the outcome will be. It won't mess up anything. But you'll have to decide if it's the sound you want. The only (obvious) thing not to do would be to use the jumper wire (replacing the gold plated straps) AND the bi-wire connecting of cables at the speaker end.

Good luck!!

------------------

Tom's Money Pit