D.I.Y. Heresy Risers $8

Ironsave

That is a pretty clever idea! I am concerned though if there are any marks from the rubber showing up on the finish. You might want to check.

I had a cheap clock with rubber feet that I had sitting on a chest that I had finished in tung oil. The feet left black marks that seemed to have soaked into the finish. I have not yet started sanding to see how deep it goes. Boiled Linseed oil might not have the same problem and the "rubber" feet on that clock might have had something on them or perhaps they weren't even actual rubber... I just don't know. I was so mad that I threw the clock out.

I'd like to try this if I could protect the finish.

I checked my finish (HWO; recently reoiled with you guessed it.... Boiled Linseed Oil....).

I do not see any marks, howerver these rubber blocks have tiny spikes in the grooves; they are designed to hold sandpaper, so you could easily wrap something around them and the spikes will hold it securely. (Thick cotton rag folded over and nicely tucked in?)....

Glad you liked the idea..... [:D]

I checked my finish (HWO; recently reoiled with you guessed it.... Boiled Linseed Oil....).

I do not see any marks, howerver these rubber blocks have tiny spikes in the grooves; they are designed to hold sandpaper, so you could easily wrap something around them and the spikes will hold it securely. (Thick cotton rag folded over and nicely tucked in?)....

Glad you liked the idea..... Big Smile

DOH! Why didn't I think of that!

I suppose the bottom of the speakers might not be as much of a concern but I'm thinking of Cornwalls on their sides... would be sad to see marks when I tilt them back up again. Glad you didn't find any marks... it would bother me knowing they had marks even where I couldn't see them.