Pioneer Plasma PDP504PU Connector Cable PDA-H03CL

dtximages

I purchased a 50 inch pioneer plasma pdp504pu and it comes with a separate cable box. it has a connector set that comes with it that goes directly to the tv. one is like a dvi cable and the other is something ive never seen.

well its only 3 meters. i need much longer. they make a 10 meter cable and you cant get one hardly. if you find one its between $450 and $500. does anyone know of a better way to extend this cable? normal dvi? but what the other connection? any info is helpful.

Thanks

I purchased a 50 inch pioneer plasma pdp504pu and it comes with a separate cable box. it has a connector set that comes with it that goes directly to the tv. one is like a dvi cable and the other is something ive never seen.

Just looked up the owners manual online and that is an odd looking cable . It appears that the box is a media receiver and also controls the tv's inner workings . The box can be mounted vertical or horizontal . Unless the tv is on the wall the box can be placed behind it .

well its only 3 meters. i need much longer. they make a 10 meter cable and you cant get one hardly. if you find one its between $450 and $500.

The DVI part of the cable is a simple solution the other cable might be a problem if you really need to extend it . Did you just purchase this tv ? It's 7 years old and I would think that 10 meter cable would cost way more than the tv would now .

Is it really 7 years old? Its an amazing looking tv? the outboard speakers attached to the side sound great for tv speakers.. its also 1080i or p or somethign.. i got it, the mount (a beast), onkyo receiver, sony 5 disc dvd player all for $660

the picture is amazing, i know that anything in that price range now days is no better picture wise.. i have newer lcd tvs, theyre no better quality.

thats fine with me. i couldnt get the same quality for 400 today.. until it breaks, then im screwed. but as far as the asthetics of the tv, the sound, and the picture quality, i havent seen anything as good for under a whole-lot-of money. oh and the issue of this control cable running from its box.. i dont love that but at least i only have one cable instead of cables for all my different inputs.

i have it mounted to the wall with a telescopic mount and yes it makes me nervous. i could literally hang on it though. im REALLY anti seeing any wires and i dont want to have stacks of components near the tv. i have to have room for my speakers and i plan on running alot of wire either thru the attic or under the floor on the ceiling of the garage basement below.

it baffels me that this tv is this old, and someone hasnt come up with a better way to extend this control cable besides spending more than the tv is worth. FOR CHEAP COPPER!