Help, Onkyo M-504 compared Yamaha M-80

Matthews

PLEASANTLY disappointed. The Onkyo is simply, in my eyes, a work of art. Unfortunately it just does not hit nearly as hard as I like. It has a very clean and crisp sound as I expected, just not the super hard hitter like my Yamaha. I did try bi-amping but was not satisfied with the outcome. I have been wanting one of these pieces for quite some time now and it is exactly what I was expecing if not more. Another fine piece for my collection Wink

Thanks everyone for you thoughts and input.

Hmmmm? anyone have an M-588 for sale? Stick out tongue

Keep on Rockin'

Matt

I have the m504 p304 combo and I agree with your impressions, this amp does not add a lot to the mix, top to bottom it is very clean, neutral and pretty well balanced. It can be on the bright side and good recordings are a must. I do like that with the p304 it is extremely quiet with no noticeable crosstalk. I read a lot of reveiws before I purchased mine on audio reveiw.com and I think most people love these units. Maybe it's the meters??? They sure are nice looking units. I have wondered if the models above the 504 are voiced the same??? I tried a yamaha M-60 with a carver c-2 and was pleasently surprised, nice tight bass, very little grain, surprisingly good imaging and depth. When I hooked up the C-2 to the 504 something sounded very off. Yamaha seems to make some nice amps!!!