if i ever need your opinion edit: i didnt get it.....

DU73

so you all must be sick of me posting about a new AVR for use with preamp and recently almost pulled the trigger on a Marantz but that fell through.

So i can have a chance of buying a Yamaha RX-V665 for a good price, ex-demo model but with full warranty from an authorised dealer.

I'll be connecting to a older model PS3, so i know now, thanks Wuzzzer, to set ps3 to linear PCM [:D] and i know i wont get the fancy lights on the receiver [:(] but sound still the same.. [:D]

I know the RX-V663 has more power rating but i will be using this as a pre to my Rotel power amp, so power on avr is a non issue in this case.

what you all think, any opinions would be welcome.

i am heading out the door in an hour.. when doors open.. lol

just want to achieve latest sound formats on BD, i have read so many on this and just want to see for my self with difference in sound quality.

• Like 1

Well, did you getit yet? LOL

Keep us posted, we love new gear! Stick out tongue

Dennie

I didnt get it [:'(] i got there 30 minutes after the shop opened as something unexpected came up and in the mean time it was sold.. missed out.. oh well not meant to be..

thanks again for everyones thoughts..

next time i suppose..

• Like 1