BEST LAYOUT/SPACING FOR HT USING RF82/RC64/RS52/RSW10d

ravinathan

Folks,

Decided to go with the RF82, RC64, RS52, RSW10d 5.1 HT System!

Looking at the less than perfect room shape I am proposing the area shaded in orange for the sound stage; 10' x 17' . Comments? Should I change the layout from left to right? And make it 7.1?

TV will be a 60"/65" with seating distance about 8'/10' away. Comments please?

RAVI

Picture1.jpg

Looks good to me!

One thing to remember is that a 5.1 system utilizes two side surround speakers placed on the side walls, not behind you. Looks like you'll be fine in that department though since your walls to the left and right of your couch are perfect for mounting the surrounds. Looks like you have plenty of room to have a 7.1 setup if you decide to go that route. I'd suggest starting with your proposed speakers and see how they sound and then decide if you want to add the two rear surrounds.

Looks good for the three sitting on the main couch and not so good for the extra seats. Moving the surrounds to the proper side positions is good, but the person seated on the right side may hear a predominance of that side's surround. For that reason, rear placement like on your first figure may actually be a better choice overall. I'd try both without drilling through walls first.

(I guess you didn't like my Klispchorn suggestion... :

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/137160/1403247.aspx#1403247

)