Do S4i earphones work with Android phones?

Islander

I bought my S4i earphones a few months ago to use with my Motorola RAZR2 V9m phone. The remote did nothing, but the phone would auto-answer and auto-terminate calls, and the sound quality was quite good, so I was happy.

A couple of weeks ago, I replaced the Motorola with an HTC Legend smartphone, which runs on Android 2.1. In the store, the Klipsch earphones sounded very good, plus the centre button would answer and hang up calls, so that was fine.

After about three calls, though, the mic on the Klipsches stopped responding, meaning I could no longer use them for hands-free calling, although they're still useful for music listening. The budget earphones that came with the phone are not comfortable and don't sound so good, but they do work.

Amy, is there a software conflict between the iPhone-compatible S4i units and Android-based phones? Since Android phones are becoming a very large part of the smartphone market, this could be either a problem for Klipsch owners if they don't work, or a big marketing opportunity for Klipsch if the earphones will work with them.

I don't care if the remote control works, but I need the microphone, especially since hand-held phones are no longer legal to use while driving here in British Columbia.

Thanks for that info, Amy. I should have checked more carefully before I bought the S4i set. At that time, a few months ago, I thought it was the only Klipsch earbud that was equipped with a microphone.

The S2m is also less expensive, but has a single-button remote. A 3-button remote for Android phones allows you to skip to the next song or return to the previous one, which can be handy.

Are there any plans to introduce an Android-compatible earphone with a 3-button remote?