Klipsch AW-650

rplace

Rich,

I'm not sure what model number mine are but I think they're very similar to the 650s. If I remember correctly, you heard mine, right? They aren't LSIs but placement is much easier!

I remember getting to listen to your outdoor speakers that one time. I was actually quite impressed with how they sounded. That was one of the impetus that got me to want to get something nice for my outdoor deck once I finished doing the outdoor renovations on this place (and some $35,000 dollars and nearly a year later....)

If I recall, you got those for a steal. Also, I think those you got were the SA-3s:

Gary, Don't think I have ever heard yours, but I know you like them. No idea what model yours are, but think you have had them for some time. I belive these are the current offering of outdoor speakers from Klipsch, but honestly how much difference can there be? What do you (and others) dirve them with. I'll be using 2 of the four channels of my Carver AV 64, which is a 60 watt X 4 channel amp.

I am driving my AWR-650 rocks with a two-channel Denon DRA-397 reciever. It is rated at 85 watts per channel. I don't usually turn these up anywhere near what they are capable of since I don't really want to piss of the neighbors. Then again, if somebody turns up some crappy music like that house directly behind me was doing just this past Friday night, they'll get face full of some serious heavy metal in return! [6]

I was kicking around the idea of getting an outdoor sub as well. My only concern is that these houses are somewhat close together in this neighborhood and don't want to risk blasting out too much bass outside, but would love to fill in the bottem end of those rocks a bit better, though. Although Klipsch don't make any "rock" subs, but I know there are other companies that do. A quick "google" search turned up this one that has me intrinqued that looks like would be plenty enough to do the job I'd need it to do.

I think if you are not going to use a sub then the KHOs would be a better choice, but if you are going to use a sub then I would go with the AW 650's. It is just about perfect for the high/mid but the woofer is blocked by most of the foundation. they sound good to me, but these are not used for critical listening, more lounging in the pool and drinking brews. They were lost in a gigantic list of kitchen equipment and fixtures that I don't think anyone ever fully parsed.