La Scala Tweeter Hook-up

Astroboy

Hi... I have a set of La Scala's that I had given to me recently. The original owner also used them as the PA for his band, and had taken out the original tweeters and put in some $10 Radio Shack tweeters to keep from blowing them. He gave me the original tweeters (wrapped / boxed neatly) to reinstall. He's gone now and I can't consult him, so I need some help... The original tweeters have two hook-up terminals on either side of the tweeter. Both accomodate 2 "slide on" connector ends. Both have solder in the middle so I assume one "side" of the tweeter is "+" and the other is "-" (as opposed to the + / - coming from the same side of the terminal from the different connectors). They're not marked at all... how do I tell? Buy a multi-meter and check somehow? Does it make a difference as long as I keep the + / - straight on the output?

Thanks in advance... been dying to hook these up (I already have RF-3 II's... love 'em)

------------------

Wayneman