Klipsch Mini Bookshelf RB-10 vs. RB-41 differences??

mjcmt

What is the difference between the RB-10 vs. RB-41 (II)? Is there more than the front baffle and speaker binding post detail? Is it just external cosmetics or is there more to it, like x-over, drivers, wiring?

'What's Hi-Fi' didn't give the RB-10 a very good review, so are these 4" woofer bookshelves not so good. I have a Klipsch RPW-10 sub I will be using with them to supplement the lower registers. I will be using in a 2.1 system w/ a Denon stereo (2ch) receiver for movies. Eventually I will be upgrading to 5.1 HT.

I'll let you A-B the specs yourself. Differences are in bold.

RB-41 II

Specifications

FREQUENCY RESPONSE 85Hz-24KHz ± 3dB
POWER HANDLING 50W RMS / 200W Peak
SENSITIVITY 91dB @ 2.83V / 1m
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE 8 ohms compatible
HIGH FREQ CROSSOVER 1500Hz
HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVERS 1" (2.54cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver mated to 90° x 60° square Tractrix® Horn
LOW FREQUENCY DRIVERS 4" (10.2cm) Cerametallic™ cone woofer
ENCLOSURE TYPE Bass-reflex via rear-firing port
INPUTS Single binding posts
HEIGHT 8.9" (22.6cm)
WIDTH 5.7" (14.4cm)
DEPTH 7.8" (19.8cm) with grille
MOUNTING Keyhole bracket and 1/4"-20 threaded insert
WEIGHT 12.4lbs (5.6kg) per pair
FINISHES Black Ash woodgrain vinyl
BUILT FROM

RB-10

Specifications

FREQUENCY RESPONSE 90Hz-20kHz ±3dB
POWER HANDLING 50 w max continuous (200 w peak)
SENSITIVITY 90dB @ 2.83V / 1 meter
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE 8 ohms compatible
CROSSOVER FREQUENCY 2800Hz
TWEETER One 1" (2.54cm) Titanium dome compression driver
HIGH FREQUENCY HORN 4" (10.2cm) square 90°x60° Tractrix® Horn
WOOFER One 4" (10.2cm) Cerametallic® cone
ENCLOSURE MATERIAL MDF
ENCLOSURE TYPE Bass-reflex via rear-firing port
INPUT CONNECTIONS One set of binding post speaker terminals
DIMENSIONS 8.7" (22.1cm) H x 5.6" (14.1cm) W x 7.8" (19.8cm) D
MOUNTING Back panel Keyhole and Threaded Insert
WEIGHT 6 lbs. (2.7kg)
FINISHES Black Ash woodgrain vinyl
BUILT FROM 2004
BUILT UNTIL

Bill

The only real difference I see on the specs are the x-over point on the 10's allow the mid/bass driver to handle the entire vocal range. Should be smoother and less shouty. But are the drivers and x-over parts the same quality?

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit late to the party but you can't tell anything from those specs. The fact that the crossover point changed that much suggests that they used new drivers or at least reworked the design significantly. There are probably big differences in how they sound. However, if I were you I'd consider the RB-51 instead since it's gotten better critical acclaim and seem to be much more popular.

• 11 years later...

I’m going to rejuvenate this conversation. I have RB-10’s that look identical to RB-41 (II). Whenever I look up RB-10 I get pictures of speakers that are clearly old by design aspects alone. When I look up RB41, there’s my speakers. Did they mid-label some RB-41’s as RB-10’s? I’m genuinely confused. 

• 1 year later...
On 7/18/2022 at 2:23 PM, BoomerSpeed01 said:

I’m going to rejuvenate this conversation. I have RB-10’s that look identical to RB-41 (II). Whenever I look up RB-10 I get pictures of speakers that are clearly old by design aspects alone. When I look up RB41, there’s my speakers. Did they mid-label some RB-41’s as RB-10’s? I’m genuinely confused. 

Same here.  It appears that the RB-10's morphed into RB-41's, as mine appear identical to RB-41's (which I think look better) while the speaker labels and box read RB-10.  We either have RB-41's relabeled as RB-10's or just good looking RB-10's.  Actual cut sheets for both plus picture are attached.

Klipsch RB-10_cut_sheet_635277288069648000.pdf Klipsch RB-41 II_cutsheet_635042118926080000.pdf

Klipsch RB-10 with box.jpg