Another Juicy find

NOSValves

Its the guy who sells those already hot rodded amps displayed on the flag . I have seen others by her. I wonder how he makes out on these, given the amount of work. Seems like anything below $700 - you couldn't loose. It will be fun to watch.

Were you thinking of bringing it back to original? Like before his mods. That would be fun. I know a product that you can use to rust out and put pits back into the chassis. My uncle uses it to make fake antiquities. It's called Rustpitout, comes in an aerosol or in gallons if you get serious. Be careful when using it undiluted or you might make the whole thing disappear. That would be too strong a mixture, and you would have to start over buying something else. That could be fun too.

Ask the seller for the stuff he threw out when he stripped it. Then reinstall the old parts. Keep photos, so when you sell it on eBay you can show what it looked like before you took it back to the original shape. Gotta have fun somehow. Can you imagine the shot of the dustpan full of all that pretty new stuff! Maybe you could come out only loosing $500 or so, although the goal would be to see how much you could loose on the deal. This is what we do in Bizarro audiophile world. It is a parallel but opposite universe.

mdeneen could help you figure out any problems if you get stuck and cannot get the thing to malfunction. He would also know what to do in order to get it to smoke real good before you list it. Knowledge is knowledge, for better or worse. He might still have some dustpan parts he would be willing to overcharge you on so you could reach your goal. You could sell it "as was".

If you got into the minus (red) when you sold it (or paid someone to buy it ) you would truly become famous. You might have to talk to eBay about doing this negative auction thing where you maximize how much you can go into debt in order to dump something. You could eventually get a spot on 60 minutes or a Charlie Rose interview. It would all be worth it in the end. You could also put out a coffee table "Before and After and Before" book for audiophile living rooms. Incidentally, Is before after before or is after before after or vice versa, we won't go there now, you all have not recovered from the major major's major major. Forget his minor minor's minor minor. We've graduated from that.

Another crazy movie.

-madded and hattered

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

This message has been edited by Clipped and Shorn on 04-04-2002 at 02:37 AM

All kidding aside, those amps look great and seem from the description to be pretty cool. I wonder what the reserve is. Seeing those made me think about what exactly is the fun part of all this, and I am not sure it isn't the struggle and momentary heartbreak of rebuilding the vintage stuff yourself. And even though your HF-81 experience was funky to say the least, I bet you would not have that kind of problem again if you avoid Integrated amps and stick with nice roomy straight forward monoblocks or even something like a Dynakit70 that started out fairly clean. Wouldn't you like to be painiting that tranny pink and polishing those chassis your own self?

Some like to buy the finished hot rod, but others like the process more. It is not like you don't have something good to listen to in the meantime.

-plated and adorned

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

This message has been edited by Clipped and Shorn on 04-04-2002 at 02:41 AM

Clipped

I wasn't thinking of buying them just thought I would share the find. Maybe someone else on the forum was looking for some nice ones that didn't need work.

Craig

------------------

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

Grado cartridge

Sony CDP315 CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I

KSW-15 Subs>c>

At $770, they did not reach the reserve. Somebody really wanted them, but in teal not pink. It is hard to keep the right colors in stock. Just kidding, those things are really beautiful and probably well worth whatever to the right person.

-Burnt Siennaed and Telephone Umbered

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

I myself think there a awesome set of Amps. Heck look what 1K will get in today's mono blocks. Hell these things if work as good as they look are a bargin.

But my wallet just isn't that deep these day's. But some day .........

Craig

------------------

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

Grado cartridge

Sony CDP315 CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I

KSW-15 Subs>c>