Trigger for my Emo XPA-5?

maseline_98

I've decided to send back my UMC-1 and going back to my HK AVR630(for the time being). The HK has an Switch AC Outlet, but I don't really want to plug my XPA-5 directly into it(plus Emotiva said the XPA5 should be plugged directly into the wall without the use of a power strip). The XPA-5 has a 12v 3.5mm trigger input on the back(which is what I was using from the UMC-1).....I thought about buying the Emotiva's ET-3 Trigger module, but they are currently sold out and was hoping for a cheaper solution than $45. Is that something else I can do to get to to work. Didn't know if monoprice(or others) had something that would just go from AC to 3.5mm adaptor or something.

Yes a wall wart is what you want to use with the switched outlet on your receiver. I have a wall wart pictured below I would sell for $15.00 (shipped) if your interested, I used this with my XPA-3 and the switched outlet on my receiver and it worked great.

Do not plug your amp directly into the switched outlet on your receiver, this switched outlet is only for low watt use and an amp is far more watts than this outlet is designed for.

wall_wart.jpg

Yes a wall wart is what you want to use with the switched outlet on your receiver. I have a wall wart pictured below I would sell for $15.00 (shipped) if your interested, I used this with my XPA-3 and the switched outlet on my receiver and it worked great.

Do not plug your amp directly into the switched outlet on your receiver, this switched outlet is only for low watt use and an amp is far more watts than this outlet is designed for.

wall_wart.jpg

Picture doesn't work...

wall_wart.jpg

Picture doesn't work...

Must be your browser, picture shows for me in my original post, your reply and also this reply. The picture' URL is http://www.petitesweets.com/wall_wart.jpg

wall_wart.jpg

Picture doesn't work...

Must be your browser, picture shows for me in my original post, your reply and also this reply. The picture' URL is http://www.petitesweets.com/wall_wart.jpg

I didn't realize what it was...I might actually have one of those laying around....I'm sure I have something that used something similar from the early 90's...If I don't find one....I'll surely take you up on your offer for it...

I didn't realize what it was...I might actually have one of those laying around....I'm sure I have something that used something similar from the early 90's...If I don't find one....I'll surely take you up on your offer for it...

Yeah the problem is most of the ones that come with most accessories have the wrong plug at the end, not the 3.5mm plug needed for the amp trigger. Radio Shack sells one, the one I have I bought online when I bought my XPA-3 it works great for an amp trigger but I now use my power conditioner to trigger my amp so I don't need the wall wart anymore.