Question About Upgrading Sub-10

chitown2477

I am looking to upgrade my subwoofer from the Klipsch Sub-10 I currently have. Reason for upgrade is the Sub-10 seems to get muddy or unresponisve during some serious LFE scenes in movies. Also it seems to be a bit weak for music, i.e hip-hop/R&B.

I can't afford more than $450 and that is a stretch. Considering the eD A2-300 ($415) or even the A3-350 ($450) as both would have a lower frequency range - down to 18hz vs. 28hz for the Sub-10. I don't need something really expensive ($500 or more - even it I have the money) that will likely by turned only half way up or otherwise drown out my Klipsch Reference 52 line HT. .

Can anyone tell me if they feel the A2-300 or A3-350 give me more than an incremental increase in performance? I know there is some subjectivity here but on paper the A2-300 or A3-350 look better. I am leaning toward the A2-300 bigger it is bigger (hey its a guy thing!).

Correction - In the message above I stated the A3-350. I meant the A3-250

Thanks for the reply. After looking at the A2-300 specs, I think I'm going that route. It is goes just as deep as the A3-250 and has more cubic space. Even with less wattage (200 vs 300), I think it will meet my needs for years to come (haha - yeah I know). Seriously, I think I am going to be good with it. After looking at some details specs, I actually think there is not a significant difference between the A2-300 and the A3-300 - for the money.