Something Completely The Same

Maybe I should unload all this audio gear and become the Tesla Coil guy I always wanted to be. I used to play around with neon sign transformers as a kid and model-T Ford ignition coils before that. I spent hours marvelling at the amazing Tesla coil demonstration at the Griffith Park Observatory. Unbelieveable 15 foot violet arcs in all directions !!!

Never wound my own Tesla coil, but I did try to make a transmitter out of a neon sign transformer which wreaked havoc on the mid 50s neighborhood TV sets. This one on eBay is very nice. Wonder why he is selling it? Then again the expression on his face indicates that he has arrived at some kind of Tesla coil induced Nirvana and no longer has need of the apparatus.

-make me a malted

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

OH SWEET!!!

That would be a great way to torture someone. Just groud then with an earthing rod and say "Oh! You don't want to talk!" Then you roll that puppy around the corner and...

That would be so much fun! I have better things to do with money. I wonder what his reserve is? The thing looks very well engineered, lots of well made structire there. In high school, I had a teacher that brought one in, it hit the TV and cooked it...

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

quote:

Wonder why he is selling it? Then again the expression on his face indicates that he has arrived at some kind of Tesla coil induced Nirvana and no longer has need of the apparatus.

LOL... Better yet, what is the person who is buying a "600,000 Volt Tesla Coil" got in mind for it?

I was thinking it would make a marvelous home security system. Screw motion sensors; just arm that big *** thing in your living room before you go! Wink.gif

Which brings me to another point! What could your electric meter be doing while that thing is on? cwm31.gif

------------------

Barista T. Bill

My Rig

I think that moving "point gap" wheel is just the coolest...literally. It's got to keep moving so that any individual one contact point doesn't heat up for long and melt. Notice the air he's using from the copper fork to cool them even further? This is WELL thought out.