How Do I Connect XW-500d to Denon 1911?

Braincloud

Trying to finish my very first home theater setup...

I connected a Klipsch XW-500d subwoofer to a Denon AVR-1911, but it's not "doing anything." Instead, all my bass comes out of my fronts (RF-82s).

What setting adjustments do I need to make on both the receiver and subwoofer?

Thanks in advance for your expert help!

Sub is plugged in and switched to "on." Running Monster's Subwoofer 400SW cable from receiver to sub. But I get nothing until I mess with the individual speaker sound check settings and turn the sub all the way up. Then when I switch back to my DirecTV, nothing...

Obviously I'm new to all this and know absolutely nothing (LOL), so any help would be greatly appreciated!

And please try your best to "dumb down" all the "technical jargon" for me! :P

Right now connected to the receiver is a TV, RF-82s, RC-62, Panasonic Bluray player, and DirecTV satellite box. All my sound seems to be working fine, EXCEPT that all my bass is coming from my RF-82s.

I guess I just don't understand what particular "settings" I need to adjust on the Denon 1911 and subwoofer to get stuff to pound. I'm used to just plugging in the subwoofer and physically messing with the one volume knob in the back, but I don't know what any of the digital settings are to be on this particular subwoofer, and I'm not sure how to adjust the speaker setup (if that's indeed the problem) on the receiver.

Braincloud,

Welcome to the forum.

You will need to go to your speaker setup menu and say yes to subwoofer. You will then have to set your receiver's crossovers and LFE channel(.1). I would set all my speakers to small and set crossovers to 80hz and do the same for the LFE channel as a starting point. Tweak later if desired. Your crossover settings on the subwoofer itself should be turned off or set to maximum frequency.

Bill

In the Denon crossover menu, if you are able to adjust the LFE channel, leave it at 120 and the other speakers at 80hz. You can experiment with the crossover points for the fronts but the folks at Audyssey say you are suppose to leave the LFE set at 120hz. I am referring to the Denon settings and not on the sub itself.