Classic RF-7 maple colour changing

redux999

Hi guys,

I noticed that one of my classic maple coloured RF-7's ... the one that is place closest to the window ... a window which is at the north-west side of the house and allthough not much sunlight is coming inside from that direction ... I can notice a colourchange at the side which is directed to the window.

It's getting a kind of old coloured yellow [:(]

Maybe a stupid question ... but is there a way to get the colour back in it's original state ... that nice maple colour ?

I've been very carefull and closed the curtains each time when in summer the sunlight did get inside the room from that direction .... but still ... [:S]

magic marker

Can you tell me more about this magic marker jacksonbart [*-)]

It's probably a kind of a tool but what does it and what does it look like ....

I'm from Belgium ... probably we have a same kind of tool too over here but called different you see.

In the mean time I'll google it ;)

@ironsave ...

I think it's lacquer finished .... if I look very close at the corners .. it looks like there is a kind of a finishing layer on top of the used wood ... I suppose that's what you mean ;)

Yes, If there is a shiny coating on the wood, they likely have a layer of lacquer to "seal" them.

This is great for keeping them clean; low maintenance......

Since your speaker is becoming discolored; this is not so great. It likely will require you to strip the lacquer; then reapply stain; then reseal.

(Probably would have to do both to get the correct matching color on both)......

I am not a wood finishing expert; but hopefully some who are can chime in.

Good Luck.