What is the perfect room size ?

dbImage

Dear Klipsch,

In a perfect world , what is the ideal room dimensions/suggestions for the RF-3 HT setup? I'm aware that each room is different acoustically and so in a perfect world, what is the best size? I figure starting with the "perfect" dimensions (or at least knowing them) is a step in the right direction.

Thanks,

DbImage

Although I do not know dimentions (14X24X9 ft would be good) I think a half circle would be the best, like an auditorium.

Michael Jordan has a bitching HT with $100,000 of JBL gear in it, it is a half circle. The nicest HT I have ever seen, saw it in Audio Visual (video?) Interiors

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

dbimage

I am a Heritage guy so I can't comment on the RF series.

I have a xls spreadsheet that allows you to enter your room dims and listening location compared to the room harmonics to find the flatest location to sit.

Justin has it posted on a web server(visit the arch section) or send me an email and I can reply back with it.

jmalotky@wi.rr.com

JM

Ken---Jordan? What does that guy know? He couldn't even hit a curveball, screwed himself into the ground everytime they served him one. I'm glad he's gone, now we can go back to Al Capone being the most famous Chicagoan and Joe Jackson our most famous athlete, which is as it should be. Big Al and Shoeless Joe (who DID take the money) might not have been respectable history but they are real history and far more representative of Real Chicago than Jordan.

Tom, as I am not into sports, I will have to take your word for it!

I to have the room size spreadsheet. If someone wants to drop me a PM, I will e-mail it to you, its only like 30k.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!