WANTED: (1) KSP-S6 or RS-7 for rear center channel

BLOOMIS914

If anyone has a single KSP-S6 or a single RS-7 I would be interested......

I need to find something to match my KSP-S6's as a rear center....S6 would be ideal but RS-7 will work.

Email me at BLOOMIS914@aol.com

Thanks

Brett

------------------

My system(s):

KLF-30's Bi-wired

KLF-C7 (2)

KSP-S6's (2 Pair)

KSW-15 Front Sub

KSW-100 Rear Sub

Chorus II's

Monster cable 14 gauge in-wall cable

Audioquest interconnects

Niles SPS-4 speaker switch box

Niles wall plates

Niles in-wall volume controls

Marantz SR-8000

Toshiba SD-4205 5 DVD changer

Pioneer PDF-1007 301-CD changer

Mitsubishi 35" TV

Mitsubishi VCR

Pioneer VSX-608 Multi-room amp for Outdoor deck

Polk All-weather AW2's deck speakers

Panamax DBS-8 Surge Protector

Klipsch IC-525's in Master Bath

13" Sony Wega in Master Bath

1 Lava Lamp for Ambience

Fridge full of beer and plenty of Don Julio, Jagermeister and Jim Beam

Boa12- Good point, yes I am using C7's as centers in both setups. I think it is best for direct radiating as rear center.... I already have the wire/cable inside the wall, now I just need to drill small hole and pull through and put mounting plate.

The only question now is how do I mount a C7 on the wall at 5-6 feet from the floor?? Any suggestions? I am going to post a separate thread for this in the HT section. A c7 would be awesome as a rear center.

I guess I could build a small shelf also. I will be posting my entire new HT in my basement soon so keep an eye out in the Klipsch Home theater forum.

Thanks, Brett

------------------

My system(s):

KLF-30's Bi-wired

KLF-C7 (2)

KSP-S6's (2 Pair)

KSW-15 Front Sub

KSW-100 Rear Sub

Chorus II's

Monster cable 14 gauge in-wall cable

Audioquest interconnects

Niles SPS-4 speaker switch box

Niles wall plates

Niles in-wall volume controls

Marantz SR-8000

Toshiba SD-4205 5 DVD changer

Pioneer PDF-1007 301-CD changer

Mitsubishi 35" TV

Mitsubishi VCR

Pioneer VSX-608 Multi-room amp for Outdoor deck

Polk All-weather AW2's deck speakers

Panamax DBS-8 Surge Protector

Klipsch IC-525's in Master Bath

13" Sony Wega in Master Bath

1 Lava Lamp for Ambience

Fridge full of beer and plenty of Don Julio, Jagermeister and Jim Beam

Brett, I am a little confused as to what speakers are being used in your separate systems configurations. But, I would strongly advise you to consider putting a converted KLF-30...or 20... or 10 as your front center and use your KLF-C7's as rear centers.

The difference is dramatic and will take your sound system to the next level. All it takes is building a modified motorboard from inexpensive (<$20 of MDF is enough for 7 motorboards!) material from Lowe's or Home Depot. It is actually far easier to do then it sounds... but it does require the use of a router. A competent woodworker can build one in less than an hour.

The KLF-C7 is a well made speaker (I use two of them as front effects) but they are not equal to the demands of 5.1 discrete sound for movies when more sound is poured through the center channel than all the other speakers put together! Of course, the ideal is 5 (or more) identical speakers since that is what the assumption is when the actual mixing for the DVD is done in the studio.

I agree that putting another scatter-sound KSP-S6 on the back wall will confuse rather than provide the localization required for maximum advantage.

Since you are going to the time and expense of setting up a separate basement HT room, I was compelled to speak up. Enjoy... whatever you decide! -HornEd

------------------

Pic6.jpg Photo update soon! -HornEd

he, have you thought of doing this center conversion as a biz on the side? i know it's an up-hill battle to get me to do the woodwork required (i took home-ec instead of wood shop in jr high whenever I could cwm4.gif).

maybe though w/ the shipping to/from you it wouldn't really be feasible.

b, you could always put in a fireplace with a mantle. of course I already had that when i moved in. Biggrin.gif

rear array pic:

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Actually, Boa, the results I got from the conversion were so dramatic that I have indeed thought of doing just that. Shipping would be a bear for 100+ pound speakers but shipping a custom made motorboard finished to factory specs would be fairly cost efficient.

Coping with the dust and precision jig issues of milling MDF are such that if someone offered to do it for me... I would think it worthwhile. Then there are some specialized tricks and tools for getting the old board out and mounting the new board that could be "rented" to make the installation process easier.

I think I will discuss this with fini or Q-man... they are the experts I rely upon when it comes to woodworking skill sets. -HornED

This message has been edited by HornEd on 04-08-2002 at 09:58 AM