Speaker sensitivity db's

Vonrebel

The Yamaha Rx-V3000 is driving the speakers with Sub fine. I figure the sub is self powered and wouldn't put much strain on the receiver. The RSW 15 just gets better and better with each passing day.

(For me) the Yamaha is minimum power. Considering 23dbs where I crank it to, which is roughly 75% of the volume. A power amp would be nice, but could be without.

When picking receivers, I had the RX-V1200 for a week or so, not sure about Yamaha v/s Denon. I called a local audio store asking if the Denon 3802 was beter than the 3000. The management assured me the Denon would blow the Yamaha out of the water) to bring down the 3000 for a horse race.

The only difference I could detect was the Denon 3802 had a 1/2 a shade better bass,(less bright), not enough to be missed.

The staff at the store was rather quiet, because the Denon hardly, bareley if at all, separated it self from the Yamaha. Far from blowing it out of the water. When it was over I kept the RX-V3000.

Listened to some definitive tech. speakers, good bass. Those 2002s 1800.00 pr. would be great 2 channel music speakers. Built in subs, rich sounding, good bass,clean. Still the RF-7s with a RSW 15 has plenty enough bass and a nice clean sound. I wouldn't trade them, but might some day buy a second pair of speaker, only after the power amp and second RSW15. I can't believe how good this sub turned out to be!

Thanks for the reply Vonrebel. I am using the older SW12II sub with ChorusII mains. The SW12 has been a decent sub...but I am eventually going to get a second sub as well. Probably an SVS. I'll use the SW12 for the rears and the SVS up front. I will be able to check out the RSW hopefully in a couple of weeks when I take a trip to Reno..who knows, might wind up taking one of those home instead..........

Take care

Mike (The Yamaha Underdog!!)

Mikekid

I did consider the SVS sub instead of the RSW, as horn and ears both recomended the SVS. But a great deal can my way and price influenced the purchase of the RSW/

Not that it was a big deal, but the rsw matched the rest of the speakers, looks good.

As it turns out the RSW 15 is very good.

If the SVS and HGS 18 are better than the RSW 15, then those subs must be dangerous. Good luck with what ever sub you choose.