Harman Kardon PM645xi

mbr311

Ok so I have to admit I know next to nothing about amps. I have been trying to do some research on this forum as well as the web but I still haven't been able to come to a good conclusion (because I'm a slow learner lol). I have access to a free Harman Kardon PM645xi amp. You can see the speaker setup I have in my signature. Would it be good to integrate this amp into my system? If so, should I just run my mains off this amp? Can someone give me a rundown of what the strengths and positives that this amp would provide to my system if it is deemed as providing such? Thanks so much I really appreciate it!

Mark

I'm not sure that the 645 would help you much in that situation. It IS a respectable solid state 2 channel solution - the old H/K amps are good sonic "matches" with Klipsch.

But I'm not sure how you would use it in your kit. It's likely not worth hooking and unhooking the connections to flex between 2 channel and HT use. Might be a good backup as a second amp/preamp, maybe to have around if your regular unit needs service.