Info on original Cornwalls (w/ pics)

tallkell

I'm trying to do some research on a pair of Original Cornwall Speakers (see pictures) . Can anyone tell me about them? One label says Cornwall and the other Cornwall II but they look (and sound) identical, although I'm no audio expert. The front fabric of each is stained. Can anyone tell me if they can be replaced? Any guess on their value?

TK - These must be the units that you have for sale on e-bay? They should be almost identical....mirror'd in fact. Grill cloth can be ordered from the 800 Klipsch number. $20/yd (6 ft wide). However, not sure if your color is currently available. The vertical horn CW's are highly sought after. The 'D' in the s/n signifies a 1965 build vintage. I would wager that they fetch well in excess of $600.00, condition dependant, and we have seen them go for over $1100, even one pair that went for $1800. E-bay is a funny place. You just never know.

------------------

Ed

Well If the rear tags don't match and the numbers aren't even near consecutive it seems to me that one speaker is a cornwall 1 and the other is a 2. If this is the case the value is way lower. I would advise you update you listing on Ebay to reflect this or someone will get real mad. Just my 2 cents worth.

------------------

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

Grado cartridge

Sony CDP315 CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I

KSW-15 Subs>c>