RS-42-ii or RS-52-ii for my system?

mlmorrison

I just bought an RF-52-ii and RC-52-ii speakers to upgrade my system. This is for my modest size living room of 14'x24' and I am blown away at the sound quality.

Currently for my soround I just using some small 2.5" HDT500 speakers. I want to replace those with a some refrence series speakers to round out my system. My question is, I am looking at the RS-42-ii as they are a smaller footprint and less expensive- is this ok to do instead of the RS-52-ii? And if anyone has any ideas as to why this IS ok or is NOT ok I would appreciate your input.

Listening will be FULL range with a 52" TV to symphonic and rock music. Volume levels will be light to moderate.

Mlmorrison,

Welcome to the forum.

The RS-42II's are a fine pair of surrounds. I say if you can afford the RS-52II's, get them. The 52II's dip a little lower but otherwise pretty much sound the same as the 42II's. I like the idea of having matching drivers all around the room. My current HT setup has all 6.5 inch bass drivers(RF-63's,RC-64,RS-35's). Really looks cool[H] and symmetrical when grill covers are removed.[8-|]

Listening will be FULL range

I don't think there will be any benefit in running your surrounds(RS-42II's or RS-52II's) at full range when neither extend much below 58hz. JMO.

Bill