Promedia GMX A-2.1 Replacement parts!!

QuakeLax

So I have lost the volume controler for my Promedia GMX A-2.1 and as we all know thats a crucial part for the system to run. I know that I cant buy it from Klipsch directly because they have discontinued the set. So my question is, does anyone know where I can buy a volume controler?

Thanks so much!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also need replacement parts for my GMX setup! to me this is the coolest looking setup i dont know why they would discontinue it. Anyhow, I accidentally damaged one of my speakers, and I can not find a replacement speaker!!!! i think i might also need a new control module since it was mentioned about the crackeling noise when raising the volume? I get the noise too, but thought it was something else. So anybody know where I can obtain another GMX speaker??????????????

Really would appreiciate that. Let me know, i can send you money via payPal. Do you know of a link to check out how to fix my control module, if theres even anything wrong with it. I wonder if thats whats causing the bad crackeling noise when adjusting the volume.

The crackling is usually casued by Oxidation inside the Volume Potentiometer, I use Caig De-Oxit on them and usually that does the trick. DO NOT USE WD40! (some people recommend). I do accept PayPal but I will have to locate the speakers before making any sale. I can also do the DeOx service for you if you want.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Where to get CP-1 potentiometer switch (on/off/volume pot) for Promedia GTX A-2.1 Control Panel.

This is a 50K dual-ganged 6mm moon D shaft switch rotary potentiometer.

Original dimensions:
Overall height: 1 3/8"
D post width: 6mm
6 connectors + ground

Could not find the part locally but found an eBay seller, "hongkongsuperseller", who had the part described as "Panel PCB Mount Dual Step B50K Moon D-Shaft 6mm Switch Rotary Potentiometer."

Link here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120829404966

Total price shipped from Hong Kong was only $2.88! Had a tech friend solder the new switch in. All connections correct.

Minor difference: D shaft is a few mm shorter than the original. May cut down the knob for a better fit. WORKS BEAUTIFULLY! Full performance restored with no static, buzzing, etc. Urge you to get this switch yourself and, unless you are an expert solderer, would defer to one as it is on a sub-board soldered 90 degrees to the main board. I didn't have the tools or experience. Good luck to you!

• 9 months later...

I had great difficulty first locating what type of power/volume potentiator the GMX A-2.1 control module uses but did find out and also was able to order one from an eBay vendor in Hong Kong.

Identifying and sourching the potentiometer:

Panel PCB Mount Dual Step B50K Moon D-Shaft 6mm Switch Rotary Potentiometer,P010

Purchased from eBay vendor hongkongsuperseller, $2.88.

Also described as a B50K dual-ganged 6mm moon D shaft switch rotary potentiometer.

Replacement:

Disassembly of the old switch requires a clip and some soldering skill. I hired a friend to do the job for me (as opposed to buying more equipment). Anyone with a moderate level of soldering skill should be able to do the job. If you're a beginner, don't even try it.

Good luck!