Synergy Speakers

wg_rebel

Hi,

I would like some advice on the whether it is cost effective to purchase the new F-20's over the older F-2"s??

And why should I spend the extra money..

I need a small speaker as the mains in an speaker system; trying to stay under $600.00, maybe $700.00.. Any advice??

Tnx, W.G.

a little over budget but here http://www.onecall.com/product/Klipsch/RF-82-Black-Ea/Speaker/_/R-30884 you can thank me later

Agreed! Also Amazon has the 82s for $381 each. Once again a little over budget but I know me personally....I can tell a pretty good difference between the Synergy and the higher end Reference series. But if you're trying to go as cheap as possible then I think the answer to the question is which one is cheaper and by how much. I mean the newer Synergy look nicer and their crossover is supposed to be a little better compared to the older ones BUT the older ones sound good as well. So if there's a huge price jump going from the F-2s to the newer F-20s then I would spring for the older ones.....but if can spend the extra money I really would look at the 82s. You'll be happy you spent the extra money!

You can get smaller Reference speakers. Such as the RF-52 or RF-62. But if those are still too big then you can get the F-2's. As I said the Synergy series is good but the Reference series sound better. But I really think the respective owners would be very happy with their gifts! But you can get the 52s for pretty cheap right now on Amazon. $239 each. They're actually cheaper than the F2s which are $279 each so its a no brainer for me! The 62s are $439 each which is crazy because the newer 62 IIs are $449 each. So the best deals seem to be on the 52s and 82s.The 82s are cheaper than the 62s as well. So I would just get one pair of 82s and one pair of 52s for the smaller application.