Georgian Rebuild

Restoman

Restoman,

It's good that you're in communication with Bob Crites. This is an interesting project. It's fortunate for you and the vintage audio world that these weren't sent to a landfill. Please keep posting photos and progress reports.

But, PLEASE pick one of the threads and reply to it with new posts.

Your EV Georgian reminds me of the only time I met PWK. He was doing a demo of his 3 channel format hosted by The Stereo Shoppe at Long's Convention Center in Lansing, MI. It must have been the mid to late 70's.

After the very impressive demo, he was talking informally. The conversation, like his mind, went a mile a minute. One second he was talking about the economy (some things never change) and the next he was talking about his favorite single malt (I think) liquor.

I asked him about the erfforts of Klipsch to license the Klipschorn. He said that it was discontinued due to the inability of Klipsch to monitor the build quality of 3rd party builders, including EV.

He then asked, "Do you know what a Patrician is?" To which I naively replied, "It's a version of the Klipschorn built under license by Electro-Voice. He immediately responded, "It's a man who steps out of the shower to take a leak." It was clear that his entourage had heard the line before.

Then it was off to a new topic. The whole encounter lasted less than 60 seconds.