matching RF 63's for 2 channel listening

Mark H

I have a pair of RF 63's I want to use for 2 channel stereo (listening to music).

and I have a Denon AVR 1800, I believe it is 75 W per channel.

Is the 1800 worthy of the RF 63's?

I'm worried about under powering and damaging the 63's.

I want to know I'm getting the most out of my 63's.

I have an rsw-10d I can use with the 63's if that makes more sense.

If the 1800 is inadequate for the 63's, or for 2 channel stereo listening, what would a good

choice be?

Thanks!

Mark

Mark,

Good choice with the RF-63's and your RSW-10d. Both are very nice sounding speakers. While I don't know much about your Denon AVR1800, with your sub hooked up and crossover set to say 80hz, that will leave more power reserves to handle the upper bass, mids, and highs in the RF-63's. Try it out for a while and then decide.

If the 1800 is inadequate for the 63's, or for 2 channel stereo listening, what would a good choice be?

If you are going strictly 2-channel, I would look for a nice integrated stereo amp with some high current. Some suggestions would be the NAD C370, C372, or the C375BEE. These amps all have at least 120w/ch and plenty of reserves and mate very well with your RF-63's.

Here are (3) views of the NAD C372.

Bill

post-26822-13819619872874_thumb.gif

post-26822-1381962316436_thumb.gif

So you don't think I need to be worried about damaging them by under-powering in the meantime? Thanks again, Mark

I do think it would be wise to keep your music listening at moderate levels. No need to push the limits when you have doubts.

For the record, the NAD C370 and C372 are past models and the C375BEE is the current one. Audiogon.com is a good place to find quality used equipment. Where is your location? We can all help you find suitable gear searching your local craigslists.

Bill

Hey Mark, Set the Denon AVR so that the Front/Mains are Small, that will require less oomph from the amps and give a little more head room. Denon makes nice HT gear. I don't think your going to damage your speakers, using common sense.......or I should say...Good Sense! Good Sense isn't all that "common" anymore. [^o)] Put on some of your favorite music and turn it up and keep us posted.

Dennie

So you don't think I need to be worried about damaging them by under-powering in the meantime? Thanks again, Mark

I do think it would be wise to keep your music listening at moderate levels. No need to push the limits when you have doubts.

For the record, the NAD C370 and C372 are past models and the C375BEE is the current one. Audiogon.com is a good place to find quality used equipment. Where is your location? We can all help you find suitable gear searching your local craigslists.

Bill

...and that's what I mean by "Good Sense"! [Y]

Dennie

Thanks for all of your awesome advice. You guys are amazing.

I just started having a different problem.

The RF 63's are hooked up to my Denon 1800 and now when I turn the system, I hear a static noise coming from the speakers. Even when the volume is at 0 and nothing is playing, the static is faint but still there. When I play music, I can hear the static louder under the music.

I tried hooking up different speakers, my RF-3's that came with the iFi and the static was there all the

same.

Any idea what could be causing this all of a sudden?

Will this sound damage the speakers if I play them this way while looking for a fix?

Thanks so much!

Mark

Hey Mark,

I don't think it is going to hurt anything, but again "Good Sense" prevails!

Start unhooking everything, then see if the static is there when nothing but the receiver is hooked up to the speakers. If not, connect one thing (ie CD player, Cable box) at a time and see where the static is introduced.

You may need to look at your ground and see if it is a good connection.

Keep us posted,

Dennie

Any idea what could be causing this all of a sudden? Will this sound damage the speakers if I play them this way while looking for a fix? Thanks so much! Mark

Maybe a bad connection but unplug those RF-63's right now. Check the speaker wires/connections and RCA connections from your source.

Bill