RC3 - Humming

My RC3 humms/buzzes when TV is on. Swapped leads from RC3 to RF3, no humm in RF3. The RC3 sits on top of the TV. Spoke to retailer who says that there may be a problem with the shielding in the TV (Sony kv2966).

Only the RC3 is affected, I tried using a different power point for the TV to see if that made any difference. It didn't. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the feedback John, the problem does disappear when the RC3 is moved away from the TV. Re-routing the cable does not help when the speaker is in its normal position. Unfortunately I don't have many options in relation to the positioning of the speaker. What is it in the TV that causes this effect and does anyone manufacture some kind of mat/board that would stop the hum if placed between the speaker and the TV?

I recall others having this problem, and I believe the RC-3 was picking up vibrations from the TV and buzzing. Try putting a cork mat between the TV and the RC-3, like you might make a bulletin board out of. You can test it, perhaps, just by putting several thicknesses of towels between them to see if the humming stops.

Doug

------------------

My System