BI-AMP KLF 20's

DecibleLvr

I would say that before you decide which should run HF and which for LF do this. Be sure each has an out level adjustment. Since your dealing with two different amps they have different characteristics as far as output level with X-amount of input.

For example: If the volume control is at, say, 9 o'clock. One amp may be putting out .75 of a watt while the other may be at 1.25 watts. A pretty good tonal mismatch.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

This message has been edited by tblasing on 04-09-2002 at 08:21 AM

If there is a level control on each amp try this. Put a pink noise signal through your system with both amps connected the way you described. Now get a multi-meter and measure the amount of AC voltage between the bottom speaker posts at the speaker. Now do the same for the upper posts. Now adjust the amp driving the HF drivers to equal that of the reading at the bottom pair.

There still may be some tonal differences this way but the only way to clear that up is to use two of the exact same amps for both HF and LF. Have you ever thought about bi-wiring instead? I did for my 20's with a Rotel RB1080 (underated @ 200wpc) and some MIT Terminator 2 Bi-wire speaker cables (Audio Advisor has them half off list) and this thing has some major punch and bass extension. The mids are very natural and never protruding. The highs actually ahve to be backed off into a cut in eq. once in a while.

Hope this helps!!

------------------

Tom's Money Pit