RF-7's for $1,400 a pair @ Good Guys.

kenratboy

I was in Good Guy's in Reno and in the corner, unplugged, and away from it's other speaker friends was a pair of cherry RF-7's. They were in 99% condition, one itty bitty scratch in the BACK of one of the speakers. The drivers were 100%. They are $2,200 normally, and as these were opened, they were $1,400 a pair, is this good, or about normal?

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

peterm: are you serious? I go down to LA every year or so, what is the name of the store? If they sell the gear hot, just send me a PM.

Thanks!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

The authorized Klipsch dealer is in Orange County, CA (Sorry, they don't want me to publish their store on the forum). They are selling the new RF-7s pair for $1450 cash. They gave me $1350 for being a loyal customer. They won't make profit for shipping. You will pay the shipping charge upon arrival of the merchandise (to the truck driver).

I'm sorry, Zandern, Kenratboy I've got a "Server Error, no third party relaying allowed" error when trying to send you a private message. Send me a private message with your email addresses if you're interesed.

This message has been edited by peterm on 04-10-2002 at 01:34 PM