RW-10d not working with Pioneer Elite VSX-23txh

Dykstrajl

Hey all,

I just got a Pioneer Elite VSX-23txh and Emotiva XPA-3 and hooked everything up. Everything powers up and I am getting video and audio through everything except the sub. It is hooked up to the preamp subwoofer output on the back of the Pioneer. I made sure the sub is turned on, it is getting power. If I unplug the sub from the receiver and touch the end of the cable the sub vibrates. In the speaker setting of the receiver there are three options, Yes, No and Plus. It doesn't work on either Yes or Plus. LFE on the receiver is set to 0dB. I have tried every listening mode on the receiver and still no sub. I plugged the sub back into my old receiver and it works fine in that one. Any ideas short of calling Pioneer? There is no good way to watch a movie without the sub... Thanks in advance.

Jason

Make sure you have plugged in into the right place on the sub. Often times you just need one RCA cable on a specific plug. Does sub have a "volume/gain" dial? if yes - try that.

Make sure your source material has LFE channel or that receiver is set to mix the track into 5 channel stereo or some such. Even if your sub is setup correctly but source doesn't have an LFE track - it will not play unless receiver is told to mix into 5.1