Building a HT system

arie01

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I have a couple of questions.I'm building a new Klipsch HT sound system. I just recently bought the Sub-10 and RC-52 center speaker.

I plan on buying the RB-51 and the RS-42 for front and surround. The reason I don't consider the RS-52 is because the deference in frequencies between the RS-42 and the RS-52 is 4 Hz on the lower range and more than $200 in price (yeah, I’m in Canada!). I don't take resonance into consideration at this point because I don’t really know how the speakers sound.

Anyway, I have an older (2007) Yamaha HTR6030 receiver that I plan to replace most likely with the Yamaha HTR4063 and I was wondering if my combination of speakers and receiver would work well together. I read about RC-52 and RF-63 combo that doesn't work well together but I have a feeling that RB-51, RC-52 and RS-42 or 52 were meant to be combined. Is this correct?

Also, I've been looking everywhere for a wall mounting solution for the RC-52 and came up with nothing. Does anyone have a suggestion how to mount this speaker? Please take into consideration that I have a two year old at home that nothing satisfies her curiosity.

Thanks in advance,

yamaha is a very commond brand of receiver used with klipsch and should sound fine. The selection you have chosen thus far should go well together. only advice i can give you is buy as big as you can get because that upgrade bug is contagious. Money/space/wife acceptance plays a role in what you get as well but it sounds to me like you are nabbing yourself a good setup that you should be happy with. if you can, get a demo of how they sound before purchase. i know its not always an option and that part sux, but no matter what, klipsch speakers are high quality, it just depends on what is acoustically pleasing to your ears.

Arie01,

Welcome to the forum.

I read about RC-52 and RF-63 combo that doesn't work well together but I have a feeling that RB-51, RC-52 and RS-42 or 52 were meant to be combined. Is this correct?

The RC-52/RF-63 combo is a big mismatch. I had the RC-62/RF-63 combo at first and it matched okay but not perfect. Then I replaced with an RC-64. Great combination(all 6.5 in. drivers and 1.75 in, tweeters)

Your speakers choices were designed by Klipsch to go together. The Sub-10 should work fine with your setup. Here's your new system minus the Sub-10.

Bill

Overview

Built to the same exacting standards as the Reference Series floorstanding setups, the RB-51 home theater system represents an ideal combination of technology, performance and design.

• RB-51 Bookshelf Speakers
  • RC-52 Center
  • RS-42 Surrounds
  • RPW-10 Subwoofer
  • (each sold separately)

Built to the same exacting standards as the Reference Series floorstanding setups, the RB-51 home theater system represents an ideal combination of technology, performance and design.

With its class-leading materials and cosmetic appeal, this setup is one of the best sound solutions on the market. Consisting of a pair of RB-51 bookshelf loudspeakers, an RC-52 center channel, a pair of RS-42 surround speakers and an RPW-10 subwoofer, this recommended system will forever change the way you think about audio.

post-26822-13819634301224_thumb.jpg

Hello Willland,

Thank you for replying to my post.It's funny how your quote doesn't mention the RS-52. Looks like without knowing much about Klipsch, I was on the spot with my configuration.
Thanks, that just encourages me to go ahead and get what I miss to complete my setup.

Reading down your post, it looks like you are a real Klipsch addict! You Klipsch in every room of your home…

Thank you,

Hello SuBXeRo,

Thank you for replying to my post.

Currently I have my original Yamaha NSP-270 speakers. They are fairly small and lightweight and space was not an issue with them. Then I brought in the Sub-10, I did not believe the size of it! Luckily, it's on the floor. Then I got the RC-52 and again, I can't believe the size of it and I don't really know how or where I'm going to set it up but I'll find a place for it, that's for sure. What I'm trying to say is at least in terms of size, I think I'm pretty much at my limit, if not already exceeded it by a bit.

Thanks for the advice though,